Monday, January 23, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Pulled Chicken Slow-Cooker

My favorite food combination- sweet&spicy! I've been craving something sweet for the past couple days so after many long nights dreaming about chocolate and cheesecakes and ice cream, and I don't even like ice cream (ya its bad) I've decided to add it into my dinner and hopefully kick that nighttime sweet tooth craving.
Saturday night was a big snow storm so I stayed put on the couch all night with my mom. Usually I'd be indulging in wine or winter sam adams all night with her on those cold nights but I stuck to the no drinking after much contemplating. I even sent a couple texts to my boyfriend asking if he thinks just one glass would be ok. He encouraged me that I've been doing so good so I sat back down and continued drinking tea.
Around 10pm I started craving sweets and searched on Pinterest for no carb desserts. It got really bad but I ended up making these little oatmeal cookies and they were delish! ..if you like cookies with no chocolate, flour, or sugar.
So.. In the end, I went to bed still craving sweets. I woke up today with a new approach to kick this craving. I'm going to add sweetness to my dinner tonight and hopefully 10pm comes around and I'm ...delightfully full:)

No more rambling.. This is one of my own recipes..
Sweet & Spicy Pulled Chicken Slow Cooker Creation

1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 green pepper, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 container sliced mushrooms
1 can chunk pineapple, in pineapple juice, no sugar added
1 bottle of your favorite teriyaki sauce or BBQ sauce**
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbsp red chili flakes
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp black ground pepper

Add all ingredients into slow cooker (croc-pot?). INCLUDE pineapple juice into slow cooker. no need to cut chicken before, it'll pull apart as it cooks.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours. Chicken will easily pull apart when it is done.

**read carb label on BBQ bottles, some are very high. I bought a spicy mango one and it was delicious! 3g carbs.

Enjoy:)


No comments:

Post a Comment