Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Apple Crisp Snacks.. hmmm

One more recipe I have to share today is the little snack I made last night craving sweets.

This was very easy, but time consuming.. perfect for a Sunday if you're just hanging out at home all day anyway.

These are delicious and perfect for a sweet tooth craving. I used Granny Smith apples for this recipe because I like the tartness of them but Red Delicious would be good too.. any kind would be good just not very soft ones like McIntosh. Also, use as many apples as you want, but I got lazy cutting all of them.


Apple Crisps (not to be confused with apple crisp which I was really craving)

3 apples
Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
Core and slice apples very thinly. Skin is just fine kept on.
Lay out apples on a wax paper covered baking sheet.
Sprinkle apples with cinnamon
Place in oven for 1 hour.
Take out and flip over each apple to other side.
Let bake 45 minutes on other side.

Let cool off.
Store apples in tupperware or ziplock bag.






***UPDATE***

I just made more crisps tonight, well in the process of doing so and realized.. Hello! I have an apple slicer gadget. (that sounds really dumb but i don't know the exact name) this appliance slices, cores, and peels all in one step. I'm not kidding, it's amazing!! One of my best friend's got me this little gadget when I was pie making for the holidays and it saved me! She got it at Christmas Tree Shoppe so pick one up if you become obsessed with these apple crisps it'll save you!

No comments:

Post a Comment