Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Kick my pizza craving" low-carb pizza!


I have a problem with making new recipes and loving them but then never writing them down or trying them again. My sister, who's the best sister in the worlddd (and not because she is the only one who reads this) gave me a binder to store all my recipes, so I try to keep up with that but right now there's a lot of recipe cut-outs from magazines. So anyway, I've stumbled across many low-carb recipes lately, my favorite one so far is this "kick my pizza craving" low-carb pizza! One of my favorite bad-for-you foods I miss is PIZZA! I've tried the cauliflower pizza and the portabella mushroom pizza but so far, and those recipes are both great- do not taste like pizza nor kick my craving for that high carb little goodness.

I found this recipe on Pinterest.. most recipes I find is from Pinterest.

I made this pizza cheese only, definately next time I will add turkey pepperoni or tons of veggies, but when I went to Walmart to pick up ingredients, they informed me that they are only accepting cash at that time.. with only have $14 in my wallet at the time, I had to put back the turkey pepperoni.. it was pretty sad. But there were a lot of mad customers in there.


OK.. SO HERE IS THE MOST AMAZING NO BREAD PIZZA RECIPE!

For the crust:
1 package Low-fat cream cheese (room temp.)
2 eggs
1 tsp each of garlic powder, oregano, black pepper
1/4 cup shredded parm cheese

For the top:
2 cups mozzerella cheese
1 cup marinara sauce (or to taste)
1 tsp each of oregano, garlic powder, crushed red peppers (for sauce because it was a little bland)
toppings you would like to add.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together cream cheese and eggs until smooth. add in seasonings and parm cheese. Mix well.
Pour mixture into 9x13 greased pan.
Bake crust for 17 minutes or until crispy and sides brown.
Take out of oven and let stand for 10 min. (don't cut corners here or else sauce will seep into crust)

Turn oven to 400 degrees.
While that's preheating, mix sauce with seasonings. I purchased a no sugar added sauce, which was kind of hard to find but Bertolli makes one.
Pour sauce onto crust.
Sprinkle cheese and toppings onto pizza.
Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Enjoy:)

You will be so surprised at how crispy this pizza  crust is. I brought some for lunch the next day and microwaved it because I think I'm the only one in the world who doesn't like cold pizza and it was pretty soft but that's typical of pizza reheated so I thought it was just as delicious and I gave some to my co-workers and they also loved it!

1 comment:

  1. WOW i can't wait to try this! looks amazingggg. Come move in and cook for me every night? aw and i loved my shout out! <3Caitlin

    ReplyDelete