Thursday, January 19, 2012

Turkey meatloaf and broccoli recipe

Thursday nights are always a hard night to post, I usually just eat leftovers or purchase a salad (or pizza or chicken fingers) from the deli next to the salon I work at but I've been trying to make dinner before work so I know exactly what I'm putting into it. It's been tough so it usually ends up being a leftover night, which is always fine. I figured I'd post about what I brought for leftovers tonight for dinner. I made this meal Monday and it was so delicious and makes so much. It's a good meal to make in the beginning of the week and eat all week long!

I read this recipe in a magazine from awhile ago but i modified it a little bit. It is so juicy and filling its hard to believe there's hardly any carbs.

I'll start with the TURKEY MEATLOAF..

1lb ground turkey
2 eggs
2oz reduced fat feta cheese
3/4 cup chopped spinach
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 minced garlic clove
1/2 tsp each of black pepper, red pepper flakes (if you like spice), parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl together.
Pour mix into loaf bread and level it out.
Bake loaf until about 40 minutes.

***i bought frozen spinach, so if you do that as well make sure to ring out all the moisture from spinach!

***also, if you are like my friend, Melissa, and don't love feta cheese you can try mozzarella cheese.

This recipe calls for breadcrumbs but I took those out, I served to my boyfriend too and he loved it so it defiantly doesn't taste like your eating very healthy!
*************************

Now for this GREAT BROCCOLI!! I'm telling you it is amazingly good!!

1bag of frozen broccoli (or 1bunch of fresh)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2tbsp water
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Heat oil in 12" skillet over med-high heat.
Add broccoli, cook turning only occasionally, until lightly browned. (frozen takes longer)
Sprinkle in 2 tbsp of water. Be very careful as it does splatter up.
Add garlic, cook until golden, 4-5 min.
Add pepper flakes.
Keep cooking and turning until broccoli is browned.

So easy and so good!

This picture didn't come out great, because well, it is meatloaf. I'm not sure if meatloaf ever really looks amazing but it definitely tastes amazing.. Enjoy:)


No comments:

Post a Comment