Monday, February 13, 2012

Coconut Chicken Strips

Well, I made it back from Florida safely and had an unbelievable time. I cheated big time. I eat so many carbs and drank so much beer. It was well worth it, you need to indulge once and awhile. I managed to loose 13lbs before the trip so I felt like I deserved a little indulgence. Right??

With that said, it should be time for me to get back on that healthy train, but.. It is valentines day for me and my boy and he wanted coconut chicken and coconut chocolate cake and I gotta give me what he wants right? I did good though and just had a couple prices and haven't tried the cake.. Yet..

With that said, the chicken actually isn't very bad for you minus the flour and coconut milk.

Coconut Chicken Recipe

2lbs boneless, skinless chicken
2 eggs
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chipotle panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup olive oil

(if you can't find chipotle flavor, add 1tsp chili powder)

1. Cut chicken into thin strips
2. You need three different bowls. In first bowl beat eggs and coconut milk. Second combine flour and salt. In third, mix panko bread crumbs and coconut flakes.
3. Dip chicken into each bowl, starting with egg mixture, flour mixture, then coconut flakes.
4. Add thin layer of oil to medium pan and let heat up.
5. Lay chicken flat into pan and cool thoroughly on both sides. About 5 min on each side.
6. Do this for all chicken, keep adding more oil as needed.
7. Transfer chicken onto paper towel covered plate to remove excess oil.

Serve with sweet chili sauce. Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment