Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Honey Mustard Walnut Chicken

I whipped this little concoction at work today. I part time at a coffee shop and all they have are bagels, cookies, and muffins so I need to get creative sometimes.
Tonight my creative juices were flowing..

Honey Mustard Walnut Chicken

2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup honey mustard dressing
1 tbsp honey

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In three different bowls place flour in one, chopped walnuts in another, and the honey mustard and honey in the last one.
3. Dip each chicken in flour, then honey mustard, then walnuts.
4. Bake chicken for 45 minutes, flipping halfway through.

Extra honey mustard for dipping.

So to make the carbs real low on this recipe, omit the flour and honey. Dip chicken in honey mustard then walnuts.
The flour I think makes it a little juicier but will still taste great!

I'm also a big fan of sweet and spicy so if I made this at home with all the seasonings I'd add a tsp of chili powder to the walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment